Harsh winter weather can be hard on your home. Below are some simple tips to make sure your home (and pipes) are prepared for the next cold blast!
1. Insulate crawl spaces, basement windows & garage doors
2. Let faucets drip if it’s going to be a below freezing night
3. Repair exterior cracks in your home’s wall
4. Open cabinets below your home’s sink to let heat in
5. Prevent plumbing freezes before they happen. Insulate any exposed pipes along outside walls. If you leave your home on vacation, keep the heat to at least 55 degrees.
6. If your ceiling fan has a reverse switch, use it to run the fan’s blades in a clockwise direction after you turn on your heat.
Avoid plumbing damage and contact the friendly and qualified MIplumber.com contractors with any questions.